Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MOVIN' ON UP



just watched the amazing classic albums special for primal scream's EPIC 1991 masterpiece SCREAMADELICA (thanks to sipreano for floating it my way)! i can remember scouring all the music stores in the kelowna mall (there were 3 at that point) for the cassette and never finding it. i think i even tried ordering it in, but to no avail. i had to make do with the few songs i had on a warbly mix tape from a friend. of course i had never heard of E at that time and had no context for the music, i just knew it made me feel funny, kinda... happy? sorta made me wanna... dance a bit? foreign sensations to a terminally awkward and repressed 13 year old. these days you can throw on anything (zamfir? nana mouskouri?) and i'll take my shirt off and boogie my obscenely liberated ass off whilst dousing myself in cold gatorade, but back then? nope. no sir. my how times have changed. anyway, screamadelica is one of those albums that sounds like 5 different bands fighting (or is it fucking?) for supremacy and all of them winning (or is it coming?). pure genius.
watch the video here:

http://vimeo.com/24684045

kinda wish they'd used subtitles, it's fucking impossible to understand these dudes!

2 comments:

VIN said...

lol...

ryguy said...

it's already been taken down but i found another onee...
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc4MjgzNTc2.html